HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — Allegiant airlines announced Thursday it would add a non-stop flight from Richmond International Airport to Orlando Sanford International Airport. The new route will begin in April 2016. To celebrate the new addition, Allegiant will offer $29 one-way flights as an introductory fare. The Richmond to Orlando flights will be offered Sundays and Thursdays.
“We’re excited to announce this expansion of our network including the addition of two new cities to our route map,” Jude Bricker, Allegiant Travel Company senior vice president of planning, said. “These nine new routes will offer millions of travelers brand-new options to escape to a warm destination this winter and spring.”
In addition to the Richmond to Orlando route, new Allegiant routes include:
Year-round nonstop service to Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) from:
- Belleville, Ill. – Begins Feb. 18, 2016 with fares as low as $52*
- Harrisburg, Pa. – Begins Feb. 18, 2016 with fares as low as $58*
Seasonal nonstop service to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) from:
- Pittsburgh – Begins Feb. 19, 2016 and ends May 16, 2015 with fares as low as $39**
Year-round nonstop service to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) from:
- Pittsburgh – Begins Feb. 19, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
Year-round nonstop service to St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) from:
- Flint, Mich. – Begins April 13, 2016 with fares as low as $45*
- Dayton, Ohio – Begins April 15, 2016 with fares as low as $57*
Year-round nonstop service to Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) from:
- Flint, Mich. – Begins April 14, 2016 with fares as low as $45*
- Dayton, Ohio – Begins April 14, 2016 with fares as low as $51*
- Richmond, Va. – Begins April 14, 2016 with fares as low as $29*
*About the introductory one-way fares:
Seats are limited. Price includes taxes and fees. Fares are one way and not available on all flights. Must be purchased by Nov. 23, 2015 for travel by Aug. 17, 2016. Price displayed reflects purchase by debit card; purchase by credit card subject to surcharge not to exceed $8 each way per passenger. See Allegiant.com for details. For optional services and baggage fees, please visit Allegiant.com. Additional restrictions may apply.
The last SouthWest flights are scheduled in April 2016.